Modeling is a childhood dream of mines and as a kid I day dreamed about being one of the jet beauty of the week models. After walking in a few hair shows, doing some parts modeling, and my first photo shoot getting a lot of positive feedback I knew I had fallen in love with modeling all over again.
- What made you first become a model?
- How did you feel when you did your first ever fashion show or photo shoot? My first fashion show I was a hair model for a friend and I was super nervous I just kept thinking don't fall don't fall, but my first photo shoot was fun as soon as the photographer started shooting me it was like I came alive, and I was in a zone. At that very moment I knew that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
- Who was your role model as a child an how did that help in being a model? My role models were Kim Porter and Tyra Banks I still love them until this day I follower Tyra Banks, and stay going on her IG page learning and getting new posing tips, also everytime I'm in front of a camera I always think of Kim Porter's big beautiful smile and smile bright.
- What did your parent first think of you being a model and where they supportive?
Well honestly I don't really have much support and both of my parents suffer from addiction, so I've been on my own since eleven I guess you can say I'm just a fighter, and with God as my supporter, helper, and strength I will win.
- How do you feel about the controversy of the size 0 debate in the industry?
I think it's absolutely ridiculous because we all won't and can't be a size 0. We should focus on being healthy, confident, and beautiful as models no matter what size we are we are all beautiful in our own way.
- If your were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead? Nothing, I've already worked hard for two decades of my life in the Army and as a Law Enforcement officer so modeling is not only my childhood dream, but also what I'll be doing until I can't anymore or when I'm not being an Author trying to promote my new upcoming book: A House of Prayers.
- What are guilty pleasures food wise? Chocolate and vanilla ice but I have to watch my intake, because i love food.
Fun fact: I use to be 300 pounds.
- How do you cope under the pressures of being a model? I listen to music a lot and I feel elated every time I think about being a model over the age of thirty and a mother of two the pressure really brings out the power because I become motivated, and after being in war I don't think of modeling as pressure it's more of an outlet a daily encouragement really.
- What beauty tips do you swear by? I Clean my face daily, lipstick popping, oil skin, never sleep in make up, and always brush my teeth twice a day.
- If a young girl/boy wanted to be a model what would your advice for them be? I would tell them to go for it, just do it, and believe in themselves work hard, and always keep a positive attitude nothing is impossible with God.