- What is your name and what city do you rep? My name is Karaleigh, and I'm from Auburn, AL.
- What is unique about you and your music? I feel like my perspective on life is really optomistic. And my music is super honest because I always write when I'm deep in my feelings. I also grew up listening to really melodic music so I think that comes out a lot my music.
- What shaped your music? Bands like Hiatus Kaiyote for sure. I've always loved beachy music too, so I think my melodies reflect that as well.
- When did you realize you were going to make music professionally? I met a producer when I was living in Nashville who similarly had the same taste in music that I did, and we decided to collaborate. That eventually turned into my debut ep High in the Clouds! I didn't expect it to actually be on places like Spotify though. I was really unprepared for the release, but I've learned so much since!
- What type of music do you listen to? I listen to a whole mixture of things. Bands like Vampire Weekend, Relient K, and Two Door Cinema Club when I was younger. But when I got to high school, I found out about funk and jazz a lot more through friends.
- Who, to you, is the most undervalued music artist? Lindsey Lomis at the moment. I have been a fan of hers for a couple years. Her voice is ridiculous and her melodies are amazing!
- How do you prepare for your performances? I do so many lip trills and drink tons of water during the day and night before. When I'm getting ready, I'll listen to my favorite music to just get out of my head and shake of nerves.
- What ignites your (song) writing flow? I'm always humming little melodies without even thinking about it sometimes. So if I start singing something that sounds catchy, I'll record it and come back later and put words to the tune. Then I'll write with guitar or piano. Just been recently happening like that. But sometimes I do have insanely emotional days, so I just pour out my feelings into a song that way. It's gotten easier over the years.
- What do you do when you don't do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about? I love selling and doing people's makeup! I just got a job selling for Smash box Cosmetics. I used to work at Ulta, and I found my love for sales there.
- Success to you is...I think success is enjoying whatever you do. A lot of people don't like their jobs, so when you do, it's really fulfilling.
- What do you wish you were told when you first started rapping that you think would help anyone recently starting artists out?Don't be scared to let people hear you sing. Not wanting people to hear my voice while I was practicing or just enjoying a song was something I always struggled with.
- Any upcoming projects? Yeah! I'm working on a new single and hopefully soon, a new album right now.
- Where do we find you music / music project? Anywhere that music can be streamed basically. It's under the album name "High in the Clouds".
*Powered by Q Dot Davis
CEO of Q Dot Davis Promotions LLC